Since Jimmy Watson founded the firm in 1988, we have developed an enviable reputation for the successful defence of cases of serious crime. We have acted in some of the most high profile criminal defence cases in this region and nationally over the past 25 years. As one of the largest criminal defence firms in the North East, the firm has amassed a wealth of knowledge and skill in defending the most serious of crimes.
During what is likely to be an extremely stressful period of your life, our lawyers will undertake the most rigorous preparation in the defence of your case. This will involve subjecting the prosecution case to intense scrutiny, and as much face-to-face contact as is required to ensure that you are kept both fully informed and that we have all the relevant material to be used in building your defence. Where clients plead guilty, we assist in the preparation of detailed mitigation for presentation before the Court to assist as to sentence.
We employ a team of in-house Counsel and High Court Advocates meaning that you will have access to your full criminal defence team from the beginning until the end of your case. We will also instruct independent Barristers where this is deemed more suitable for your personal circumstances.
Why use a solicitor?
- Criminal allegations can be complex and require the expertise of a solicitor.
- A solicitor can represent you in court.
- A solicitor will receive certain disclosure which will be unavailable to you.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist criminal defence solicitors have a vast amount of experience in all types of allegations.
- We will always have your best interests as our main priority.
- We are on your side.