The Mental Health Act 1983 is the legislation which governs the detention and care of people with mental health issues in hospital and the community. Compulsory detention under this Act can be a distressing experience for both the patient and their relatives. Therefore, it is vital that you seek the right advice and support. At Watson Woodhouse we ensure that we provide an excellent level of service, being approachable and giving information in an easy to understand way.
Our specialist mental health solicitors are able to provide advice in relation to:
- Detention in hospital under Sections 2, 3, 37, 37/41, 47/49 of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Community Treatment Orders.
Our team will also able to provide advice and representation at:
- Mental Health tribunals
- Managers Meetings
- Care Programme Approach
- Nearest Relative Representation
We have an experienced, knowledgeable team accredited under The Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Scheme based in our Middlesbrough office. Our team will guide you through the appeal process and ensure they meet the needs of your personal circumstances. Furthermore, not only will our solicitors provide tailored advice to best suit your needs, but they will strive to reach the best possible result.
The vast majority of Mental Health legal advice is available through legal aid, therefore you may not have to pay for our help. Our mental health department can also help you to determine if you qualify for legal aid.
If you or a loved one is needing advice regarding the Mental Health Act 1983, contact our specialist solicitors to discuss your options.
Why use a solicitor?
- The Mental Health Act 1983 is complex and requires the expertise of a solicitor to explain the procedures.
- A solicitor can represent you during any tribunal procedure.
- A solicitor will handle your case professionally and with dignity.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist mental health solicitors are experienced in dealing with all matters under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- We will listen to your personal circumstances with sympathy and respect.
- We will provide you with simple and easy to understand advice tailored to you.