We understand that it is an uncertain time for you if you are behind in your rent. Our specialist housing lawyers here at Watson Woodhouse may be able to advise you on your legal position and what action you may be able to take in order to avoid losing your home.
Often there is a genuine reason for being behind in your rent such as thinking a payment has gone through when in reality it hasn’t, or your housing benefit has stopped and you were unaware that payments had also stopped.
Our specialist team will be able to negotiate with your landlord on your behalf with the intention of coming to an agreement that works for everyone involved. This can involve dispute resolution, where a possible agreement can be made to clear the arrears over a period of time.
If legal proceedings have already been brought against you by your landlord in the form of a section 8 notice for breaching your tenancy agreement, we can advise you on how to proceed. We can also advise you on your position if a possession order has been issued by the court.
If you are behind in paying your rent, contact our specialist housing department to discuss your situation.
Why use a solicitor?
- The procedure involved in rent arrear issues is a complex process requiring the expertise of a solicitor.
- A solicitor will be able to communicate and negotiate with all parties involved.
- A solicitor can represent you in court if necessary.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors are experts in helping individuals who are behind in their rent.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your case.
- We will provide you with a realistic expectation on the likely outcome.