Grandparents’ Rights

Grandparents’ Rights

Unfortunately, Grandparents’ rights do not usually allow a Grandparent to have an automatic right to apply to the Court in relation to your grandchildren.

If you wish to have contact with a grandchild or, for whatever reason, you wish for them to live with you permanently, you may have to seek the permission of the court. If the court grants your application, you will then be able to apply for a Child Arrangements Order.

At all stages of the proceedings, the court will have the child’s best interests as their main priority. They will also take into account your relationship with the child, the nature of your application and the impact this may have on the child’s life.

Our specialist solicitors, and the court, understand the importance for children to have their grandparents in their life.

We are able to advise and assist you in your application to the court in relation to your initial application to obtain permission and also for your application for an order to have contact with your grandchild or to have them live with you.

Why use a solicitor?

  • A solicitor will be able to negotiate and mediate where required.
  • A solicitor can advise you on the legal aspects of Child Arrangement Orders.
  • They can represent you in court.

Why Watson Woodhouse?

  • Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in helping grandparents.
  • We are understanding solicitors who will listen and implement your requirements.
  • We will keep you updated on the progress of your application.

We are here to help

If you are a grandparent seeking to spend time with your grandchild or to have them live with you, contact our specialist family solicitors

Call us for a free and confidential consultation with a specialist solicitor today on 01642 247656 or on our 24/7 Emergency Helpline 01642 917175

Contact Us

Other Sections

Contacting Us

01642 247656 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Head Office

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom

Company Registration Number: 10868114 VAT Number: 499 468 172

Here are our team members ready to help you

Angela Strike Legal Clerk
Francesca Hardwick Solicitor

Watch our short video

Need our help with Grandparents’ Rights? Don't worry fill in
the form and we will be in touch

Our Head Quarters will be able to correctly direct you to the relevant solicitor


Our Head Office, York House

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Latest News