Change of Name Deeds
There are a number of ways in which an individual can change their name if they want to do so. These include simply calling yourself by another name, changing your marital status, making a statutory declaration or by deed poll. Our expert solicitors can assist you by producing a Change of Name Deeds.
A change of Name Deed is a formal document that can be used as evidence of your change of name. It is a method which can provide you with certainty and help you in future applications to make changes to your passport, driving licence and other formal documents.
Generally, a change of name deed is a simple procedure which we will be happy to advise and assist you with. However, it can become complex where you want to change the name of a child if, for example, there are a number of other people who have parental responsibility of that child.
Why use a solicitor?
- A solicitor will ensure the deed is drafted correctly and to the required standard.
- A solicitor will be able to represent you in court if need be.
- Certain legal requirements must be followed so that the change of name deed is legally valid and enforceable.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in drafting change of name deeds.
- We will treat your case with sensitivity, compassion and respect.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your case.
- We will listen to your wishes and seek to ensure they are reflected accurately in the deed.