Change of Name Deeds
If you’re looking for a change of name solicitor, Watson Woodhouse are here to help. There are a number of ways to change your name including calling yourself by another name, changing marital status, making a statutory declaration or by deed poll. With over 25 years experience in the legal industry our solicitors can assist you by producing Change of Name Deeds. To discuss this further, please contact our team today.
Change of Name Solicitors
In order to change your name legally, a change of Name Deed is required. This is a formal document used as evidence of your old and new name. It is a method which provides you with certainty and helps in future applications with regards to passport, driving licence and other formal document changes. Changing your name as an adult is a relatively simple procedure and we’re happy to guide you through the process successfully.
Making a request to change the name of a child can become a complex process. If a number of people have parental responsibility for the child in question, we would need to gain their consent. Should this be the case we will discuss this in detail with you.
Why use a solicitor?
- A solicitor will ensure the deed is drafted correctly and to the required legal standard
- A solicitor will be able to represent you in court if need be
- Certain legal requirements must be followed so that the change of name deed is legally valid and enforceable
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in drafting change of name deeds
- We will treat your case with sensitivity, compassion and respect.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your case
- We will listen to your wishes and seek to ensure they are reflected accurately in the deed