Change of Name Deeds

Change of Name Deeds

If you’re looking for a change of name solicitor, Watson Woodhouse are here to help. There are a number of ways to change your name including calling yourself by another name, changing marital status, making a statutory declaration or by deed poll. With over 25 years experience in the legal industry our solicitors can assist you by producing Change of Name Deeds. To discuss this further, please contact our team today.

Change of Name Solicitors

In order to change your name legally, a change of Name Deed is required. This is a formal document used as evidence of your old and new name. It is a method which provides you with certainty and helps in future applications with regards to passport, driving licence and other formal document changes. Changing your name as an adult is a relatively simple procedure and we’re happy to guide you through the process successfully.

Making a request to change the name of a child can become a complex process. If a number of people have parental responsibility for the child in question, we would need to gain their consent. Should this be the case we will discuss this in detail with you.

Why use a solicitor?

  • A solicitor will ensure the deed is drafted correctly and to the required legal standard
  • A solicitor will be able to represent you in court if need be
  • Certain legal requirements must be followed so that the change of name deed is legally valid and enforceable

Why Watson Woodhouse?

  • Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in drafting change of name deeds
  • We will treat your case with sensitivity, compassion and respect.
  • We will keep you updated on the progress of your case
  • We will listen to your wishes and seek to ensure they are reflected accurately in the deed

We are here to help

Please contact our family team to discuss your personal circumstances further.

Call us for a confidential consultation with a specialist solicitor today on 01642 247656 or on our 24/7 Emergency Helpline 01642 917175

Contact Us

Other Sections

Contacting Us

01642 247656 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Head Office

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom

Company Registration Number: 10868114 VAT Number: 499 468 172

Here are our team members ready to help you

Angela Strike Legal Clerk
Francesca Hardwick Solicitor
Julietta Nattrass Senior Solicitor
Kirsty Nelson Senior Solicitor and Head of Family Law
Lindsay Gibson Solicitor
Lydia-Rose Garbutt Solicitor

Why use a solicitor?

Need our help with Change of Name Deeds? Don't worry fill in
the form and we will be in touch

Our Head Quarters will be able to correctly direct you to the relevant solicitor


Our Head Office, York House

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Latest News