Abuse Claims Advice
Tragically, the most common abuse is in the family home by someone living with the victim or visiting the family.
Institutional abuse is usually carried out by individuals in a position of power while at a particular organisation. The type of abuse suffered by children can include physical, emotional and sexual, all of which can, and usually does, have a significant effect on their life as an adult.
The institutions where abuse has been known to occur have a duty to care for and protect the children while ensuring there is a safe environment for them. These include, but are not limited to:
- Foster care homes
- Club and leisure premises
- Church and religious establishments
- Detention centres
It is likely that the organisation in which the abuser worked for will be liable for their actions. Therefore, if you have suffered institutional abuse at any point in your life, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Watson Woodhouse have a team who want to help and are available to do so. We know the issues and appreciate the trauma of the victims. We deal with all enquiries in a sensitive and confidential manner with both male and female solicitors available to provide advice and assistance on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis.
We offer a no obligation service and flexible appointments to suit your needs. We can assess whether you are eligible for compensation, and if so, we guarantee that Watson Woodhouse Solicitors will not deduct any success fee from your award.
If you have suffered any form of abuse, please call a member of the Civil Litigation team.
Why use a solicitor?
- The process can be complex and requires a solicitor.
- A solicitor will be able to represent you in court so that you won’t have to be there.
- They will be able to communicate with all involved parties.
- A solicitor will ensure your case is completely confidential.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in successfully claiming compensation for abuse victims.
- We will ensure we treat your case with the sensitivity it deserves.
- We will seek to progress your claim quickly with as little distress as possible for you.
- We will treat your case with the utmost confidentiality.