Abuse Claims Advice
Sadly the most common abuse occurs within the family home usually by someone living with a victim or visiting the family. At Watson Woodhouse Solicitors of Middlesbrough we offer compassionate, specialist guidance to victims seeking compensation regarding historical abuse. When you feel ready, please pick up the phone and speak to us during a free consultation.
We also have an experienced team currently working on claims against Medomsley Detention Centre.
Away from the home, institutional abuse tends to be carried out by those in positions of power within particular organisations. Regrettably the types of abuse suffered by children can include physical, emotional and sexual. No child should be subjected to such harm, all of which can, and usually does, bear a significant impact on adult life. We’re here to help by acting on behalf of victims suffering historical abuse.
Institutions where abuse has been known to occur have a duty to care for and protect children. They’re also required to ensure a safe and nurturing environment. Institutions in question include, but are not limited to the following:
- Foster Care Homes
- Club & Leisure Premises
- Church & Religious Establishments
- Detention Centres
It’s likely the organisation an abuser worked for will be liable for their actions. Should you have suffered institutional abuse historically or recently, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. In addition, abuse experienced between 1964 and 1979 is now no longer covered by the same roof rule. This means victims and survivors are able to make an application. Funding is currently available until summer 2021.
At Watson Woodhouse we understand the issues surrounding abuse and appreciate victim trauma. All enquiries are dealt sensitively and confidentially by our specialist team and we have both male and female solicitors available to assist and support. Applications are based on ‘No Win No Fee’ and our service is fully without obligation. Our dedicated team ensures flexible appointments so it works for you. During a free initial consultation we will assess compensation eligibility. Should we proceed, Watson Woodhouse Solicitors guarantee no deductions as fees from successful awards.
If you have suffered any form of abuse, please contact a member of the Civil Litigation team.
Why use a solicitor?
- The abuse claim process can be complex. Solicitors grasp this concept.
- Court representation is carried out by a solicitor. This means victims do not have to be present.
- A solicitor will communicate with all necessary involved parties.
- Professionals in this field ensure your case is completely confidential.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in successfully claiming compensation for abuse victims.
- We ensure to treat each and every case with the sensitivity it deserves.
- We seek to progress claims quickly with as little distress to you as possible.
- We will treat your case with the utmost confidentiality.