Bribery and Corruption
At Watson Woodhouse of Middlesbrough, our specialist Bribery and Corruption Defence Solicitors are available to represent you across Teesside and beyond. Affecting all individuals and businesses in the UK The Bribery Act 2010 also impacts companies overseas conducting part of their business in the UK. If you have received allegations of bribery and corruption and require specialist legal advice, contact our team immediately.
The Bribery Act 2010: Four Offences
The Bribery Act 2010 created four offences, all of which Watson Woodhouse Solicitors are available to help with:
- Bribing another individual
- Requesting or agreeing to accept a bribe
- Bribing a Foreign Public Official
- Failing to prevent a person associated with a commercial organisation from bribing another person for the commercial advantage of that organisation (the corporate offence)
It’s intrinsic to note, a corporation will be liable if an individual commits any of the first three offences with the consent or involvement of a senior officer. The latter becomes personally liable and the corporation criminally liable for the acts of their employees, subsidiaries and agents. This is the case even if the individual is not tried for the offence. As expert criminal defence solicitors we’ll guide you through this. Our role is to advise you of all potential outcomes whilst supporting you professionally.
Why use a solicitor?
- Bribery and Corruption cases can be complex and a solicitor has the ability to represent you in court
- An industry specialist has the ability to offer the best possible defence based upon their wealth of knowledge
- Choosing not to instruct a solicitor leaves you in a vulnerable position as the only individual without representation in court
- Without a solicitor you’re potentially jeopardising your case
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- We’re industry experts with a proven background in the defence of bribery and corruption cases
- We have extensive knowledge surrounding the specialist law that governs this offence
- Your best interests are always our main priority
- Your Bribery & Corruption Solicitor provides realistic expectations on a likely outcome