Death following medical treatment
When we seek medical treatment, it is to help us get better, often for serious problems. Sadly, it is sometimes not possible for a patient to be saved, despite the efforts of the medical staff. However, a death can sometimes be avoidable if it is due to medical negligence.
Whenever you suffer a loss it is an extremely upsetting time, especially when the death could have been avoided. We can help you through the inquest process and seek the answers to the questions you have, and help you and your family get the justice you deserve.
Death following medical treatment could have been as a result of:
- Worrying symptoms that weren’t dealt with quickly enough by a GP
- Mistakes made during an operation that made the condition of the patient worse
- The hospital failed to identify a serious condition
- A patient was given insufficient supervision and care
- A patient didn’t receive essential medication or the required care
At Watson Woodhouse, we will represent you and your family throughout the inquest process and remove any additional stress from you in what will be a deeply traumatic time.