Drink Drive Calculator
The table below shows the range of sentencing for a drink drive offence depending on the level of alcohol in that individual’s breath, blood or urine. These are simply guidelines and in some circumstances the court can step outside of them when passing sentence, but they do provide some insight into the likely sentence that may be imposed if found guilty.
|Level Of Alcohol||Starting Point||Sentencing Range||Disqualification from driving|
|Breath (μg)||Blood (mg)||Urine (mg)|
|36 – 59||81 – 137||108 – 183||Band C fine||Band B fine to Band C fine||12 – 16 months|
|60 – 89||138 – 206||184 – 274||Band C fine||Band C fine to low level community order||17 – 22 months
|90 – 119||207 – 275||275 – 366||Medium level community order||Low level community order to high level community order||23 – 28 months
|120 – 150 & above||276 – 345 & above||367 – 459 & above||12 weeks custody||High level community order to 26 weeks custody||29 – 36 months (extended if imposing immediate custody)|
If convicted, the sentence imposed can be significantly greater if one or more of the following aggravating factors apply to your situation.
- If you were driving an LGV, HGV, PSC etc
- If you were towing a caravan/trailer
- There was poor road or weather conditions
- You were carrying passengers
- If you were driving for hire or reward (taxi/bus/coach)
- There is evidence of unacceptable driving or you were involved in an accident
- There was a high level of traffic or pedestrians
- If your vehicle wasn’t insured at the time
It is important in these cases that you speak to a specialist motoring solicitor. Call our experts today on 01642 247656.