Once an individual has been sentenced by the court, their information is passed to the prison who will then calculate a release date and a date for when they are eligible for parole. It is important that the prison do this accurately as it can have a significant impact on the length of time the individual is expected to be in custody.
Unfortunately, mistakes can happen with the calculation of these dates which can have significant consequences. If this is the case, then it is possible to challenge it. However, this can be complex and therefore a solicitor will be vital in acting on your behalf. Our specialist solicitors can ensure that the sentence has been calculated correctly.
If you have concerns that the dates are not in line with the sentence you were given then we can assist in the challenging and re calculation.
Contact our specialist prison law department if you, a friend or member of your family has received a sentence that has not been calculated correctly.
Why use a solicitor?
- A solicitor will understand the complex legal procedure involved in sentence challenging and re-calculating.
- A solicitor will have the legal knowledge to ensure the best possible outcome.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors are experts in dealing with situations where an individual’s sentence has been calculated incorrectly.
- We will keep you updated on the likely outcome.
- We will advise you on your legal rights.