Road Traffic Accidents
Welcome to Watson Woodhouse, a team of specialist Personal Injury Solicitors, supporting people across Middlesbrough and Teesside in claiming compensation for road traffic accidents. If you have sustained injuries as the result of a road traffic accident we want to help as you may be entitled to make a claim. For a free initial consultation, please contact our experts today. Cases are handled on a no win no fee basis.
Road traffic incidents include car accidents, injury to pedestrians, collisions with cyclists and motorbike crashes. Regrettably, in each of these terrible scenarios, injuries will vary from mild to serious with some, resulting in fatalities. The job of our solicitors is to gain the most optimum level of compensation on your behalf leaving you to concentrate on the recovery process. Your solicitor will advise on what you can claim compensation for, including:
- Physical Injuries
- Psychological Injury
- Treatment Costs
- Past & Future Earning Loss
- Additional Related Expenses or Losses
Claiming for a Road Traffic Accident
No matter your involvement, being involved in a road traffic accident can prove extremely debilitating causing additional worry and stress due to injury. From Whiplash Claims through to pedestrian compensation, we will advise accordingly with you and your needs at the forefront of every conversation.
Our team will assist you with the following types of claims:
- Car Accidents
- Cycling Accidents
- Passenger Claims
- Pedestrian Claims
- Motorbike Accidents
- Public Transport Incidents
- Motor Insurance Policy Queries
If at fault it remains a worthwhile chat as you may still be able to claim. If we feel you have a case we will push this as far as necessary including the courts if applicable.
As of 31st May 2021, their have been several changes made by the Government to the Road Traffic Accident process, these reforms significantly impact on the amount of compensation awarded for whiplash / soft tissue injuries. Due to the reforms many Solicitors will no longer be taking new claims for Whiplash / soft tissue injuries, with the following exceptions:
- If you were under 18 years of age
- If you were a cyclist
- If you were a pedestrian
- If you were riding a motorbike or scooter
- If you sustained serious injuries
In the event that your accident happened after 31st May 2021 and none of the above circumstances apply, the Ministry of Justice has set up website for injured people to pursue your own whiplash claims yourself: www.officialinjuryclaim.org.uk We will stil consider whiplash claims where the inury has lingered for over 6 months.
If your road traffic accident happened before the 31st May 2021 we are able to act and we will still take on all other RTAs in these areas, which are not effected:
- and those with significant injuries/losses as well as a whiplash/soft tissue injury (over £5,000, or overall claim above £10,000).
Should you be unsure of which category you fit into, our Personal Injuries legal team, would be happy to advise.
Why use a solicitor?
- A road traffic accident claim can be complex and require the expertise of a solicitor.
- A solicitor can communicate and negotiate with all relevant parties.
- A solicitor can represent you in court if necessary.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist personal injury solicitors are experts in making road traffic accident claims.
- We will seek to achieve the best possible result.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your case.