If you or a member of your family were dependent on your loved one at the time of their death, you may be entitled to make a claim for the loss of that dependency.
To be dependent on someone, you must rely on them for financial or other support. If they have passed away as a result of a fatal injury, then you have lost that support and it may be possible to make a claim for compensation.
If someone else was at fault for causing the fatal injury to your loved one, our specialist solicitors will be able to make a claim on your behalf to ensure that you do not suffer financial or other hardship.
The aim of a dependency claim is to put you in the same financial position that you would be in had the death of your loved one not happened.
Our personal injury solicitors understand that you are going through an emotional and difficult time. We will therefore seek to minimise the stress placed on you during your claim and ensure we achieve the best possible outcome that will ease your financial burden.
If you were dependent on the deceased, contact our specialist personal injury solicitors who can discuss your options with you.
Why use a solicitor?
- A claim for dependency can be complex requiring the legal expertise of a solicitor.
- A solicitor can make the claim on your behalf so you don’t have to.
- A solicitor can represent you in court if necessary.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist personal injury solicitors are experts in making dependency claims
- We will deal with all the necessary legal issues.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your claim
- We will provide you with support throughout this difficult time.