Landlord and Tenant
As a landlord or tenant, you have certain legal rights that the other must respect and follow. At Watson Woodhouse, our expert solicitors are able to advise on all landlord and tenant issues including, but not limited to:
- Defending against possession action for rent arrears, anti-social behaviour and other breaches of your tenancy agreement
- The drafting and advising on tenancy agreements
- Breach of contract
- Claims relating to housing disrepair
- Tenancy disputes
- Lease renewals and assignments
If you are a landlord, our specialist lawyers can specifically advise and assist you in your understanding of your legal obligations, such as the requirements in respect of taking deposits and providing certification for the gas and electricity at the property. We also able to provide advice on specific terms to be included in the tenancy agreements such as the length of term as well as the merits of issuing possession notices to your tenant
If you are a tenant, our specialist lawyers are able to assist and advise you on your legal rights if you have a dispute with your landlord or need help to understand the terms of your tenancy agreement. We can also offer advice you on the merits of your case in circumstances where you have been treated unfairly by your landlord or if you have been threatened with eviction.
Why use a solicitor?
- A tenancy agreement is a legally binding document in which you must receive expert legal advice from a solicitor.
- A solicitor can advise you on your legal rights.
- A solicitor can represent you in court if necessary.
Why Watson Woodhouse?
- Our specialist solicitors are experienced in dealing with both landlord and tenant issues.
- We will ensure the terms of all agreements are to your liking.
- We will provide you with an understandable break down of the law in language that you will understand.