Who a child is to live with

Who a child is to live with

It is possible to apply for a Child Arrangements Order to determine who a child is to live with. This type of order is usually applied for following a divorce or separation where the parents of a child are unable to come to a suitable arrangement on who their child is to reside with.

If you are a parent, guardian or you have parental responsibility of the child, you do not need the courts permission to apply for a Child Arrangements Order. Anyone else will first have to apply to the court to grant them permission to apply for an order where they will consider the relationship between the applicant and the child.

It is possible for the courts to put in place a Child Arrangements Order that provides for sole or shared care. In doing so, the courts main priority will be the welfare of the child. They will also take into account:

  • The child’s wishes and feelings
  • The emotional, educational and physical needs of the child
  • The impact a Child Arrangements Order will have

We are able to provide advice both in relation to the making of such an order or in responding to an order that has been made against you.

At Watson Woodhouse, we understand that every case is different and that the happiness of the children is a priority. Our specialist solicitors appreciate that every child has different needs and our advice will be personally tailored to the facts of your case.

For more information, or to make an appointment with one of our family law specialists, give us a call on 01642 247 656 or pop into one of our offices.

Why use a solicitor?

  • A solicitor will be able to negotiate and mediate where required.
  • A solicitor can advise you on the legal aspects of a Child Arrangement Order.
  • They can represent you in court.

Why Watson Woodhouse?

  • Our specialist solicitors have a vast amount of experience in Child Arrangement Orders.
  • We are understanding solicitors who will listen and implement your requirements.
  • We will keep you updated on the progress of your application.

We are here to help

Please contact our expert child law solicitors who will be able to assist you.

Call us for a free and confidential consultation with a specialist solicitor today on 01642 247656 or on our 24/7 Emergency Helpline 01642 917175

Contact Us

Other Sections

Contacting Us

01642 247656 info@watsonwoodhouse.co.uk 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Head Office

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom

Company Registration Number: 10868114 VAT Number: 499 468 172

Here are our team members ready to help you

Angela Strike Legal Clerk
Francesca Hardwick Solicitor and Police Station Representative
Natalie Blake Chartered Legal Executive and Head of Domestic Abuse

Why use a solicitor?

Need our help with Who a child is to live with? Don't worry fill in
the form and we will be in touch

Our Head Quarters will be able to correctly direct you to the relevant solicitor


Our Head Office, York House

102-108 Borough Road
United Kingdom

info@watsonwoodhouse.co.uk 24 Hour Arrest Helpline 01642 917175

Latest News