New Vacancy: Housing Advisor
Watson Woodhouse Ltd is expanding its housing team and is seeking new team members to work from the Middlesbrough Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team dealing with a wide range of housing issues including possession, eviction, disrepair and homelessness.
As a leading provider in Housing Law, Watson Woodhouse Ltd hold a contract to deliver the Civil Legal Advice (CLA) service, which is a national advice line, in the category of Housing and Debt.
Role: Housing Advisor
Closing Date: 19/10/2020
The successful candidate will be required to obtain instructions and advise clients as part of the CLA remote advice line.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide telephone advice;
- Assessing clients eligibility to receive legal aid funding;
- Providing legal advice including advising clients on potential challenges to legal proceedings;
- Undertake a range of legal activities including legal research and case preparation;
- Completing legal help forms;
- Administrative work such as document file management.
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Legal qualification is preferable. However, all candidates with relevant experience in providing advice will be considered;
- Experience in dealing sensitively with clients and successfully managing difficult situations and conversations;
- The ability to extract relevant information quickly;
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and being able to deal rapidly with numerous issues;
- The ability to think on your feet;
- Experience of progressing cases / issues;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated by an ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure; and
- The ability to work as part of a team.
Competitive salary and training provided.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please feel free to contact Kaye Cunningham on the email above.