Job Vacancy: Fee Earner/Housing Supervisor
New Vacancy – Housing
Role: Fee Earner/ Housing Supervisor
Department: Housing Department
Closing date for applications:
Watson Woodhouse Ltd is expanding their Housing team, and seek an innovative and forward thinking Fee Earner / Senior Clerk to work from their Middlesbrough office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent team dealing with a wide range of housing issues including face to face services and representation as part of the Housing Court Duty Scheme at both Teesside County Court and Darlington County Court. As a leading provider in Housing Law, Watson Woodhouse Ltd have been successful in obtaining a Civil Legal Advice contract which will including providing telephone advice to service users throughout the Country.
The team works across different arrears of housing law including possession, eviction, disrepair, homelessness, harassment, anti-social behaviour.
- The successful candidate will initially assist with the CLA and offer case progression support to the senior fee earners, with the possibility of developing the knowledge and skills to manage an independent caseload.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist Senior Fee Earners with cases when necessary;
- To provide housing advice and casework services to clients in relation to possession/ eviction proceedings whether this be face to face or over the telephone;
- To advise clients of their rights and responsibilities, assessing suitability for assistance and advising on potential challenges to legal proceedings;
- To undertake a range of activity including legal research, and assisting with case preparation, due to the varied nature of the work;
- To undertake administrative work such as document file management and billing assistance;
- To deal with the completion of Legal Help forms and/or Legal Aid Applications as and when required.
We are looking for an individual with the following:-
- Legal qualification preferable but not essential as all candidates with relevant experience will be considered, including those who are unqualified but have a passion for housing law;
- Experience in dealing sensitively with both clients providing solutions and successfully managing difficult situations and conversations;
- Experience in Housing Law and in Legal Aid Finding is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated by an ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritise and organise a complex workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative.
Competitive salary, excellent prospects and training provided.
Email covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Vicky Thomas HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about the role/department please feel free to contact our recruitment team at the email above and they will respond directly.